Linux FrameBuffer & RAW keyboard

Search this archive.

From: Roel Baardman (rbaardman@zonnet.nl)
Date: Fri 07 Jun 2002 - 16:10:24 IDT

Hello,

I've been using svgalib for a while, and experienced the following
problems/missing things

-    FrameBuffer support. I think it would be a very good idea to include
framebuffer support, because it is extremely fast and rather simple to use.
In this way you can expand the list of supported devices and the programmer
doensn't have to write its own support for the framebuffer device.

-    RAW keyboard handling. I experienced a problem using this. The amount
of scancodes is to small in my oppinion. I can't use escape codes for
special keys like 0xe01f. It would be very nice if I could use these.

cheers,

Roel Baardman