Re: Embeddable browser?

Search this archive.

From: Kevin Quitt (KQuitt@ieeinc.com)
Date: Wed 15 May 2002 - 04:11:44 IDT

On Tue, 14 May 2002 19:28:10 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:
>Could you hack Mozilla or Lynx & create your own display code?

I could, but I doubt I'd live that long.  The processor is a 486-66, and I have
16M RAM and 16M DoC.  I doubt very much it could be made to fit.

>Ultimately, though, if your screen width is only 320 pixels, then
>virtually any web page you view is going to look skewed, unless your
>people will only be viewing special pages designed for your device.

That is exactly its purpose.  As it turns out, we've found a likely candidate:
Dillo.  It's X-based and uses tkl, but the code itself is small and well
organized.  I just have to rip X apart to make it fit.

Thanks for your help.

--
#include <standard.disclaimer>
 _