mouse_init_return_fd

Search this archive.

From: Karel Kulhavy (clock@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz)
Date: Mon 08 Apr 2002 - 22:04:04 IDT

Hello

I have notices that mouse_init_return_fd returns __svgalib_mouse_fd if the mouse
is already open and does no changes to mouse initialization.

Is this behaviour guaranteed? If yes, why isn't it written in man mouse_init_return_fd?
There is written that "
       These  routines can be used to open the mouse manually, ignoring the mouse types or devices specified in the
              config file.

	      "
This says nothing about what the function really does. I think there should be:"
mouse_init_return_fd initializes mouse if it isn't already initialized. And in any case,
returns the mouse fd."

CLock