screen unreadable after running an svgalib app

Search this archive.

From: stefan (stefan@binarchy.net)
Date: Wed 20 Mar 2002 - 21:42:19 IST

I have written a small test program which initializes svga lib and then exits.
after running it (or any other of the demo programs included with svgalib) my
screen turns unreadable and i have to 'su' and reboot to get the text mode
back to normal.
all tty consoles are affected. I have a Matrox Millenium G200 Card and I am
running svgalib-1.4.3-19 on a Suse 7.3 system.
Is the Matrox card to blame?

thanks
stefan

--