Re: Multiple monitors

Search this archive.

From: Frank H. Baker (fhb@lions.med.jhu.edu)
Date: Fri 21 Dec 2001 - 22:40:52 IST

After a lapse, I am back to my interest of exploring the use of SVGAlib
in a multi-monitor system.  Your email responding to my inquiry of some
months ago (many thanks) has encouraged me to pursue that path, but I
have questions about the implementation.

-- It is not clear how the programmer designates the adapter being
written to.  While I've not looked much into the 1.9.12 source (I'm not
currently a SVGAlib user), I have scanned src/ and looked for likely
calls in vga.h. Is there an example program in the distribution that
demonstrates the usage of two monitors, or could you send me an example?

-- Am I correct in assuming from your response to my inquiry that there
is no problem driving two displays with SVGAlib while X handles a third
display?

Thanks for you help and suggestions, and best wishes for the holidays.

Frank Baker