Multiple monitors

Search this archive.

From: Frank H. Baker (fhb@lions.med.jhu.edu)
Date: Mon 06 Aug 2001 - 18:08:20 IDT

What is the status of SVGAlib controlling multiple screens?  I am
looking to control multiple monitors: a console running under X and two
more screens that will be used for stimulus presentations in
psychophysical experiments.  Presumably X can provide me these
functions, but at the cost of complexity and some sacrifice of stimulus
control.  SVGAlib appeals to me for its greater simplicity and for being
better matched to my requirements.

While there is some mention in statements and correspondence that there
is something under development (perhaps for just one extra monitor) in
the SVGAlib world, am I right in thinking that there is nothing close to
release of a multiscreen version of the software?