Re: WWW.SVGALIB.ORG

Search this archive.

From: ASA (no.miscrosoft.like.marketing.please@here.com)
Date: Mon 05 Nov 2001 - 07:30:36 IST

Hello Crisha,

Sunday, November 04, 2001, 4:16:38 AM, you wrote:

I'm neither webmaster nor responsible for this site but...

CW> Do you want to get maximum exposure for your website?
I think no.

CW> Are you trying to introduce or sell your new product?
WHAT TO SELL?

CW> Are you planning to present your new service or technology?
In order of release new versions.

CW> Do you want to learn instant info about new service?
Who cares? If you need svgalib, you know what is it. If you do not need
svgalib, you shouldn't care.

CW> Have you got enough time, energy and cost to spread your idea?
Maybe...

CW> You may have spent much on lots of ways to achieve these - search engine
[microsoft-like insolent promotion is skipped here ...]

CW> Best Regards,
CW> Crisha Wenston
CW> Sales & Marketing
CW> www.trafficbbs.com
Could you strain all of your brain (if you've it at all), read while site,
find what is svgalib for and realize that it is not need promotion? All
Linux distributions has svgalib already. Non-linux users do not need
svgalib at all.

And  at  least,  you must know that you are violating RFC 3098 (aka FYI 38,
RFC  and  FYI are for the official networks standards, such as TCP/IP, DNS,
Email  format  and  so on; availabe at least at http://www.rfc-editor.org/)
named

        How to Advertise Responsibly Using E-Mail and Newsgroups
                            or - how NOT to
                    $$$$$  MAKE ENEMIES FAST!  $$$$$

2Matan:  Maybe you wish to publish "No marketing offers please" announce at
the site, with reference to the RFC 3098?

It is the second offer for last month at all! Very annoying.

--
Without regards,
 ASA