I cannot get SVGALIB to work properly

Search this archive.

From: hensbri@iit.edu
Date: Fri 28 Sep 2001 - 05:20:33 IST

I am running RedHat 7.1, Kernel 2.4.2-2
I have a Dell Dimension 8100 1.7Ghz with a Nvidia 32MB GeForce 2 MX graphics

card.
I have also downloaded the version of SVGALIB 1.4.3.
When I run make install, I get warnings and errors.  But it still installs.
Then I make demoprogs and that has some warnings and errors.
Finally, once I get through all of that...I goto run the VGATest program
located in the demo folder...nothing happens.  Nothing happens with any
of the
compiled programs.  And if they did open, then the computer goes into a
text
screen, a cursor appears up in the upper-left hand corner, and I have a
mouse
cursor...then I have to restart to get out of that.

Can you help me so I can use SVGALib?

Brian
hensbri@iit.edu