Re: vertical refresh frequency setting?

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Thu 27 Sep 2001 - 12:59:39 IST

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, James Cassidy wrote:

> Is there any way to set the vetical refresh frequency for a given mode?
>
> For example, I'm currently using 1024x768 which is running by default
> at 75.94Hz.What would I have to do to make things run at 85Hz?

Add a modeline with the refresh rate you want. If you don't have one
available, you can use gtfcalc (in utils subdirectory):
./gtfcalc 1024 768 85 hz

Of course, you need to make sure that your video card (and it's
driver) support the needed pixel clock, and that the HorizSync
and VertRefresh values allow this mode.