horizontal and vertical line drawing in ModeX

Search this archive.

From: Tijs van Bakel (smoke@wanadoo.nl)
Date: Mon 13 Aug 2001 - 23:42:23 IDT

Hi,

I have been looking for a way to speed up libggi's [1] svgalib target.

Especially the routines to draw horizontal and vertical lines in ModeX
modes require some attention, as they currently use vga_drawline(),
which is of course horribly slow for such a simple operation.

As it seems there is no function to quickly fill a span of pixels in
the svgalib API, I was wondering how to enable the correct planes in a
compatible way.  Should i use use __svgalib_outseq() for 1.9.x, and
outb() myself in 1.4.x ?

Or can I request routines for horizontal and vertical line drawing ?
:-) (The latter would of course solve my problem directly, but I
assume that it would only bloat the svgalib API, so I won't complain
if it's ignored.)

Note again that this is only for the ModeX case.

Thanks,

--
Tijs van Bakel, <smoke@wanadoo.nl>
http://vengeance.et.tudelft.nl/ecfh/

[1] libggi - the core library of the general graphics interface.
http://www.ggi-project.org/