pageflipping with vgagl (gl_enablepageflipping)

Search this archive.

From: svgalib@Spamann.de
Date: Mon 18 Jun 2001 - 15:25:12 IDT

Hi there,

I would be very thankful for a description on, or an example of the use
of gl_enablepageflipping in vgagl.

As I understand it, one should use gl_enablepageflipping on a
GraphicsContext that points to a buffer in video memory. The only way to
get such a GraphicsContext seems to be a call to gl_setcontextvga(). So,
if I want 2 pages, I would create the first with a call to
setcontextvga(), enable pageflipping on it with gl_enablepageflipping
and afterwards create the second page:

	GraphicsContext *page1, page2;
	page1 = gl_allocatecontext();
	page1 = gl_getcontext();
	gl_enablepageflipping(page1);
	page2 = gl_allocatecontext();

How do I continue? I cannot fill page2 by a call to gl_getcontext as
that would leave me with page1 and page2 referring to the same context,
i.e. the physical screen. I tried different things but they all amount
to mere guessing ... (yes, gl_enablepageflipping returns 3, so it should
work)

Thanks a lot!

Axel

Axel Spamann