Re: quake1

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Fri 15 Jun 2001 - 22:36:52 IDT

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, ToXic PoHZ wrote:

> hello... i have compiled your svga source(version 1.4.3) and the
> demos works fine... but i have a big problem... squake and qwcl do
> not work at all... at first it said: could not find libvga.so.1,
> then i copied that file from a /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib and it did
> not say that any more.. it didnt say anything... but this:
> segmention fault... i dont like that error...=P please help me... i
> cant play quake==live. thanks for you help //Jonas Adahl

You need the libc-5 compatibility libraries. They should be at
/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/ (or something similar check in
/etc/ld.so.conf for the exact directory). It's a pity that make
install sometimes removes those, but I don't know how to prevent this.

If you don't need svgalib-1.4.3 for quake, simply install the
compatibility libraries from your distribution. Otherwise follow the
links from www.svgalib.org to download libc5 binaries.