Re: liblug problems

Search this archive.

From: Sergio Masci (sergio@xcprod.com)
Date: Tue 03 Apr 2001 - 11:59:59 IST

> Dave: sorry for my delay. Maybe the info below will help.
>
> > But using
> > gcc -Wall -O3 -o mylug mylug.c -llug -lvgagl -lvga where mylug is the
> > Listing 9.3  I get an error message.
>
> Do we know for sure that liblug.a is accessible by gcc for the compile?
> For example, I put mine in /usr/local/lib, and then I ran ldconfig.
>
> Please let me know if this makes any difference, or else if you've already
> done this with no success.
>

> -J

Has liblug been compiled from C or C++ source? C++ does things to the names
of functions (mainly because in C++ you can have more than one function with
the same name but taking different parameters) which could cause your C code
to not find it.

try:

nm /usr/local/lib/liblug.a | grep read_gif_file

If this returns 'read_gif_file' with extra characters attached to it then
this is probably the problem.

Regards
Sergio