Re: FBdev: set_egacolor is not mode independent.

Search this archive.

From: Chris Purnell (cjp@lost.org.uk)
Date: Sun 18 Mar 2001 - 06:36:22 IST

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 01:11:20PM -0600, Burkhard Kohl wrote:

> It seems I just ran into another FBDEV bug:

> As the subject says - vga_setegacolor produces different
> results when used with different modes - which contradicts
> the vga_setegacolor man page.

> I am using 1.9.7 on a 2.2.18 VESA fbdev with 1024x768 x/ydims.
> (Riva128 based card)

What are you passing the vga_setegacolor, what modes are you using
and what colours are you getting?

If you are using the VGA modes do you get the same results if you
use the VGA driver?  Are the colours correct in the 1024x786 mode?

Do you have some sample code demonstrating this problem?

--
Christopher John Purnell  | I thought I'd found a reason to live
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | Just like before when I was a child