Re: FBdev: set_egacolor is not mode independent.

Search this archive.

From: Burkhard Kohl (buk@buks.ipn.de)
Date: Fri 23 Mar 2001 - 01:29:57 IST

Chris Purnell
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 01:11:20PM -0600, Burkhard Kohl wrote:
>
> > I am using 1.9.7 on a 2.2.18 VESA fbdev with 1024x768 x/ydims.
> > (Riva128 based card)
>
> What are you passing the vga_setegacolor, what modes are you using
> and what colours are you getting?

I am using mode 24 and 23. Mode 24 works o.k. My program uses egacolor 9
(light blue) which does not seem to be changed, egacolor 10 (light green)
which becomes a dark green with mode 23 and egacolor 12 (light red) which
turns into something very light blue (almost white - definitely lighter
than ligth blue) in mode 23.

> If you are using the VGA modes do you get the same results if you
> use the VGA driver?  Are the colours correct in the 1024x786 mode?

I own a LCD-Panel, most of the VGA modes do not work with my panel.
VESA does not display mode 23.

> Do you have some sample code demonstrating this problem?
vgatest uses setegacolors and displays exactly the same behaviour.

I think it might be a very special problem related to the properties
of the Riva128 card which does not support 16 bpp modes properly.

Burkhard
Burkhard Kohl			buk at buks.ipn.de