Re: waxing or waning

Search this archive.

From: Joseph Miller (jmiller@eyes.arizona.edu)
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2001 - 04:31:37 IST

Hi James,
About this time last year, I needed something to put a pixel on a display for a visual acuity test, and did not want to use the commercial development package (intellectual freedom issues were involved, and I liked the philosophy behind GNU/Linux).

In the space of about 1 month and $200 (books of various sorts) I had my visual acuity test running.  I had some dumb trouble installing the lib the first time, and the listserv came to my rescue.  The VESA driver works well on most hardware.

There is a very flat and low learning curve for svgalib if your needs are modest.  Go for it.

Joe

--
Joseph M Miller MD  University of Arizona
Associate Professor, Ophthalmology and Optical Sciences