Re: help...why dont i have i/o permissions

Search this archive.

From: Jay Link (jlink@ilbbs.com)
Date: Sat 24 Feb 2001 - 17:47:55 IST

Deutsch!  :-)

> 1. i can start my prog now only as root wiithout that error

Well, you need to do the "chown root.root" part first, and then the "chmod
u+s" after that to allow non-root users access.

> 2. (minor) when i try to start the test file from the console the bash says
> " bash: test: command not found" so i have to start the prog always from the
> kfm when im logged in as root.

Ok, I think I misled you with my first email, and I apologize. Linux
(or maybe just bash?) doesn't like programs named "test". But test2 should
be ok (I think???).

If not, just try naming it something else entirely.

-J