Re: Help...

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Fri 23 Feb 2001 - 22:45:40 IST

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, David S. Geirsson wrote:

> First, if anyone replies, I'd like to ask you to do so to me directly, I'm
> not subscribed to the list, simply because all I could see on the site were
> archives, no subscription info...

I guess it needs to be placed in a more prominent place then the message
board faq.
To subscribe, send a message with the content
"subscribe linux-svgalib" to listbot@svgalib.org.

> Now, my problem: I have an Ati Rage LT Pro (laptop chipset), which I hear is
> based on the Mach64. No problem, SVGAlib uses the RAGE driver. Now, in the
> "vgatest" program, when I go above 640x480, the display is completely fscked
> up. Higher than 800x600, and my laptop's LCD screen shows a weird screen
> (quite cool for that matter, changes colors sometimes, might me nice for an
> XMMS visualization plugin or something, but the circumstances give me the
> creeps... :)

There is no support for the lcd features in the rage driver. This really
complicated the driver, so when I modified the X driver for svgalib, I
left those parts out. To add this requires access to the hardware, which
I don't have. If you (or anybody else) wish to add this support, I'll be
glad to help.