Undefined reference to __cli and __sti

Search this archive.

From: Steven Seeger (sseeger@stellartec.com)
Date: Tue 20 Feb 2001 - 02:17:01 IST

I just did a reinstall of svgalib on a machine here at work in order to help
me learn more about installing things like this. I have been writing
programs on unix based machines for almost 10 years but have little
experience running my own system. I am trying to change this.

Anyway, I installed version 1.4.1 (the version running here) by just doing a
make clean and a make install. All the programs I've written on this machine
run, but I can't compile anything new. I get:

/lib/libvga.so: undefined reference to '__cli'
/lib/libvga.so: undefined reference to '__sti'

I find this odd since I didn't even change the makefile.cfg file. Can anyone
help me out? Thanks.

Steve