Re: modex/rage128

Search this archive.

From: Russell Marks (russell.marks@ntlworld.com)
Date: Tue 30 Jan 2001 - 01:28:34 IST

Ryan Rubley <rubleyr@csis.gvsu.edu> wrote:

> I just now put together a quicky 400x300x256 mode-X driver that works
> great with Quake2, and would like to submit this to svgalib, however it
> would require two tiny changes to each existing driver (where they check
> for <640x480x256||hercules mode to pass thru to the vga driver)

Just a thought - if Matan gives the go-ahead for new mode-X modes, can
I put a word in for 320x480? It'd be handy when you're stuck with
generic VGA, and just the other day someone mailed me wondering why
pictures were vertically stretched in zgv for them (due to 360x480's
funny aspect ratio).

-Rus.