Re: telnetting and getting video

Search this archive.

From: Jay Link (jlink@ilbbs.com)
Date: Fri 15 Dec 2000 - 17:02:54 IST

> I have a graphical application on a laptop that I want to run and see
> its output on my desktop computer.  I usually telnet the laptop and run
> the application, but the video is displayed on that computer rather than
> on mine.  Is there a way I could make this happen?

Not with SVGAlib.

The issue is that graphics can't be displayed over a network. X, VNC, and
the Web all work because they all have a server that sends graphic *data*
over the network, which is then interpreted on the client end and
displayed.

SVGAlib writes directly to the video card, and cannot write to a remote
display adapter.

-J