Re: G640x480x256 - 24 bit palette?

Search this archive.

From: Kevin D. Quitt (KQuitt@ieeinc.com)
Date: Fri 17 Nov 2000 - 19:16:34 IST

At 13:49 11/17/00 +0200, Matan Ziv-Av wrote:

>svgalib has support for this (man vga_ext_set, look for CLUT8), but most
>drivers, including chips.c driver does not support this.

I had discovered this function and its response that it didn't support CLUT8.

>Adding this support should not be hard

Being the ignorant sot I am, I am willing to pay for somebody to add this
support (and provide the source to the community).  Any takers?

>There is no interrupt support (that would require kernel support),

Yeah, well, I'm going to have to do that.

>there is the vga_waitretrace() functions (which does busy-waiting for
>the retrace).

Yeah - that sort-of works on the 65545.  I only see palette corruption
sometimes.

--
Kevin D. Quitt					             KQuitt@ieeinc.com
		      96.37% of all statistics are made up