Demos with static libs require shared libs?

Search this archive.

From: Kevin D. Quitt (KQuitt@ieeinc.com)
Date: Fri 03 Nov 2000 - 05:47:31 IST

RedHat 6.2, SVGAlib 1.4.2.  No matter how I build SVGAlib, static only
installed, shared only installed, both installed, neither - the demo
programs, even when linked with the static libraries, give (e.g.,) the
following message:

fun: error in loading shared libraries: libvgagl.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

First of all, why is it looking for a shared library?

Secondly, why libvgagl.so.1 and not libvgagl.so.1.4.2?

I've tried every combination.  One time, fun actually ran, displaying
graphical garbage on the screen, and locking up.  When I rebooted the
system, I got the same message above.

Can I buy a clue?

--
Kevin D. Quitt					             KQuitt@ieeinc.com