what is a segfault?

Search this archive.

From: Sam Palozzi (mat1720@pathcom.com)
Date: Thu 26 Oct 2000 - 21:23:09 IST

I'm getting a segfault when I try to print out messages with the svgalib font. I'm being very careful-- as per the FAQ in Mr. Link's book but I just can't seem to get it to run. Eventually it'll work but what's really keeping me up at night is that I don't know what the error message means: Can anyone fill me in on what  segmentation fault, core dump or svga signal 11 mean when they show up in error messages?
Thank You, Sam.