Re: Link errors

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Thu 12 Oct 2000 - 11:43:47 IST

> Everything works just fine on one machine(compiling wise)
>

> But, I can't seem to get the linker to work on my other machine.

To rule out any hardware failure issues, you can try exchanging HD's
between the systems, and see if the problem is in the machine, or the
software.

> I get "unrefferenced ......__global_cli" and "unrefferenced....
> __global_sti" whenever I try to link with libvga.

svgalib does not mention these symbols explicitly, so the problem has to
be in gcc/libc combination.

You might want to try to compile svgalib from source, and see if it
helps. You'll need to fix src/keyboard/keyboard.c, for it to compile
with gcc-2.96: add spaces around the ...