FreeBSD port (patches)

Search this archive.

From: Maxim Sobolev (sobomax@hub.freebsd.org)
Date: Thu 07 Sep 2000 - 17:06:37 IDT

Hi Folks!

As you may know, some time ago I finished initial porting of svgalib-1.4.2 to
FreeBSD and added it to the official FreeBSD ports collection. As it could be
expected, the port required quite large number of changes, though, many of
them are trivial (like ioctl's renames, correct includes etc.). Port still lacks some
Linux version features (alt-<fn> console switching, joystick etc.), but I managed
to get several games like quiakeforge and SDL library working with it quite
easy. I wonder if there is any interest to integrate FreeBSD support into some
future version of svgalib, and if so, what the best way could be suggested for
doing it.

You can find those patches at:
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/graphics/svgalib/patches/. Please
keep in mind that they were not designed to be integrated into vendor's version
per se, but rather as a quick and dirty hack to get it working quickly, so it will
require some amount of work to reimplement them properly. However, I'm
ready to take this work if any substantial interest in it exists.

Please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail above.

Sincerely,

Maxim