Search this archive.

From: Jay Link (jlink@ilbbs.com)
Date: Thu 07 Sep 2000 - 16:37:31 IDT

> PS. An offtopic aside - shouldn't the list server be adding/modifying
> the Reply-To header to point to the list?

That's how it WAS, but the great god of SVGAlib, from his harem in the
Negev desert, dictated that the present usage be adopted, lest we be faced
with 12 years of segfaults & plagues of locusts (i.e., "bugs") in our
hardware.

Translation: Matan thought people reply to the original author directly
more often than they reply to the list. In the immortal words of MTV's
Beavis, he thus quoth: "That sucks; change it!".

-J