Re: preface

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Thu 10 Aug 2000 - 10:20:15 IDT

> Before I torrent torrents of specific questions at this list, Is there
> some (free, as in beer) document avalable (for free) that I could use to
> get the basics of (free) low level graphics?I'd like to:
>  access the framebuffer as a structure (or arrayof ints perhaps) in
> C...

Most svgalib programs (those that don't use vgagl), use the buffer that
way.

>  be able to write (unaccelerated, don't care) blit functions from ram to
> framebuffer...

zgv has example of this, as well as the file driver.c in svgalib/gl

>  be able to set the screen resolution in... whatever...

If you want to use svgalib, it's as simple as vga_setmode(). If you want
to do this without svgalib, then learn the relevant source of svgalib,
XFree86, ggi and fbdev.