iterating through colors

Search this archive.

From: Patrick Mochel (mochelp@ironarm.com)
Date: Tue 11 Jul 2000 - 18:50:57 IDT

This is another generic graphics programming question, but hopefully
someone will know the answer.

How do I iteratate through the colors?  It seems like it should be simple,
but it's not behaving as expected.  I'm writing a little something that
draws a color wheel on the screen at 800x600x64K.  Just for kicks, suppose
that it's just drawing vertical lines, so the code looks like this:

color = 0;
for (xnow = 0; xnow < xmax; xnow++)
  gl_line(xnow,0,xnow,ymax,color++);

I come up with about 13 identical sections of color fading.
the same happens if I do

vga_setcolor(color++);
vga_drawline(xnow,0,xnow,ymax);

Is there a way that I can do what I am trying simply?

Regards,

-patrick