Re: SVGALIB and OpenBSD.

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Mon 10 Jul 2000 - 10:16:45 IDT

> I am an OpenBSD user and I am wondering if I could somehow use
> SVGALIB with OpenBSD. OpenBSD doesn't allow direct video access.
> I.e. you can't run Quake in fullscreen.

It is probably possible, but not without some work.
svgalib is linux dependent in a few areas:

direct hardware access: accessing io ports and pci / vga memory. OpenBSD
probably provides for this as well, bu it might be different from
linux. You'll have to fix that.

Console control: capturing console switch requests.

keyboard mode: changing keyboard to raw mode.