Re: more on dual_headed svgalib support

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Mon 26 Jun 2000 - 22:24:12 IDT

> Has anyone got two vga cards working under linux. I would like to use

I did.

> SVGAlib for doing console graphics on one and Xwin on the other?

It is possible (though you might have some problem with input to the
svgalib program in that scenario). For input I use an approach similar
to the joy2key program, but with a asecond keyboard connected to the ps2
mouse port.

> Can you give me card recommendations?

My setup works with nVidia TNT2 as primary (for text mode, svgalib or
X) and a nVidia Riva128 as a secondary (svgalib or text mode). I did not
get any success report from anyone else.
Theoretically, any card can work as a primary card and any card from
nVidia (not geforce), i740, sis(5597/630), 3dfx (banshee/V3) as
secondary.