Re: Job Well Done!!!!!

Search this archive.

From: Jay Link (jlink@interlink-bbs.com)
Date: Sat 17 Jun 2000 - 21:52:33 IDT

Well, thank you very much! (Note to everyone: No, I didn't pay this guy
off.)  :-)

Let's make it clear that I received loads of help from Matan, Russell,
Ivan, Sergio, and Dr. Weller, however, and that the book would have likely
suffered without their expert assistance. In fact, Chapter 20 is largely
Matan's Driver HOWTO (albeit rewritten somewhat for clarity).

If you like the book, you might consider putting a nice review up on
Amazon. Not only will this give you a chance to win $50.00 (US), but it
will help my sales, which will then result in better bandwidth for the
SVGAlib site, and more development on my part.  :-)  As it is, I'm far
behind in developing a Savage driver.

Finally, there's the beginnings of a paint program in the book. I was
going to improve it considerably before I posted to the site & list, but
if anyone's hot for it now, I can email it to you. It's quite a lot like
Windows Paint -- not like the GIMP.

Have a good one, and thanks again,

-Jay Link