Re: lib3dkit / threeDKit

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Fri 05 May 2000 - 15:04:45 IDT

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Johannes Zellner wrote:

> some time ago I wrote a linux console terminal driver for
> gnuplot (a scientific plotting program) using some routines
> of the threeDKit which is distributed with the svgalib source.
> Recently I created a CVS branch in the gnuplot source, see
>   http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=2055
>   http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=2055
> which contains this terminal driver.
> As the stuff in svgalib's threeDKit comes with the GPL, it was

According to threeDKit/0-README, it is LGPL (which does not change).

Did you try to ask the author? I am not sure he is still subscribed to
this mailing list.

> If there would be an agreement to include lib3dkit as installable library
> I'd volunteer to set the stuff up (the automake/autoconf/libtool stuff).

I have no problem, if you send me a patch that the makefile will install
it. If you want to use automake/etc, please note that svgalib does not
use it at the moment, so you will probably need to convert all of
svgalib to use it.

Another option is to distribute threeDKit seperately from svgalib.

> btw. Is there something like a CVS repository of the latest source ?

There are very few changes to svgalib, and none at all to threeDKit, so
CVS will probably be meaningless. The latest snapshots, (linked from
www.svgalib.org) are usually very close to what I currently have on my
disk.