black screen

Search this archive.

From: Andreas Brosten (brosten@hem.passagen.se)
Date: Wed 12 Apr 2000 - 20:57:13 IST

Hi !
-----
Today I tried svgalib for the first time. The first thing I did
was to write an exact copy of the exampel in the tutorial:
----
#include <stdio.h>
#include <vga.h>

int main(void)
{
   vga_init();
   vga_setmode(5);
   vga_setcolor(4);
   vga_drawpixel(10,10);

   sleep(5);
   vga_setmode(0);
   exit(0);
}
 ----

I compiled it as the tutorial said and everything seemd good.
BUT when I rund the program, a red pixel is drawn and after that
the screen becomes black. It doesn't get back to "text mode".
Shouldn't "vga_setmode(0)" do that? I have also tried "vga_setmode(text)" but
it ends up the same way. So, I have to reboot everytime after running my program,
that makes me go crazy..... do you have any Idéa about how to fix this ?