Re: FW: SVGA - driving TV via RGB scart.

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Fri 07 Apr 2000 - 13:11:15 IST

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Simon Wood wrote:

> I have successfully driven a TV (RGB scart input) using a 'special'
> modeline for X. But X may be a bit to big for a simple 386 system.
>
> Does anyone know if a similar ability exists in the SVGA stuff, i.e. to
> lower the scan/refresh times???

That depends on the driver. Assuming you don't have a PCI slot in your
386, there are few drivers for ISA cards that use modelines:
One is cirrus logic, another is s3 driver, which does not work with all
s3 cards.
There is also the mach32 driver which uses its own modeline mechanism,
but can probably also use that modeline.