Re: Tommy Frandsen & VGAlib

Search this archive.

From: Russell Marks (russell.marks@dtn.ntl.com)
Date: Fri 25 Feb 2000 - 18:05:38 IST

> Does anyone know as a matter of fact if Tommy Frandsen wrote the original
> VGAlib for Linux, or was it a port?

I can't be sure (which rules out the "matter of fact" stuff :-)), but
I was under the impression he wrote it. The copyright in vga.c
certainly implies that - it's still intact in svgalib's src/vga.c (of
course), and goes like this:

> /* VGAlib version 1.2 - (c) 1993 Tommy Frandsen                    */
> /*                                                                 */
> /* This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or   */
> /* modify it without any restrictions. This library is distributed */
> /* in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty.   */

> Secondly, does anyone have a copy?  :-)  If not, does anyone have an email

I have a copy (from an old ftp mirror CD). Let me know if you want an
emailed attachment or whatever. It's about 36k.

Actually, is this of interest to anyone else (for historical reasons,
presumably)? Should I even upload it somewhere?

BTW, I tried compiling it, just for kicks - it died immediately. :-)
(Superficially at least, it looks like trouble with header files.)

> address for Tommy that actually works? The two I found were dead.

Can't help you there.

-Rus.