Re: different graph levels; mouse sensivity

Search this archive.

From: Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptog@cupid.suninternet.com)
Date: Wed 16 Feb 2000 - 03:39:07 IST

Stephan Beyer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am just learning SVGAlib and I am not very far with this...
> Well, I tried to read some examples, but they were too complex
> for me, so that I couldn't filter out the information I was
> looking for.
>
> First I wants to know, how I could make graphic levels.
> Well, I don't know if it's the right word for that I wanna
> know... I am thinking of seperate levels - like a background
> level, a foreground level, another level, and a mouse level,
> for example...
> And you can write to each level and read from each level -
> seperate, for example cleaning the foreground level and then
> you only sees the background, the other level, and the mouse
> level...
> Do you understand what I am thinking of? (I don't know the
> graphical notions, that's my problem)

Yes. They're called layers I think. And I don't think svgalib
has a supprt for them, though it would be possible in a
separate library. If you don't want to support tansparency
you could probably do it by build areas in memory as copying
the pixels when you want the result displayed.

> I'm thinking of anything like layers in Gimp or another
> example: the windows in X11 (when you remove the window you
> still sees the background)...

Yep. This is what X does. This is what it is for.

> Hope you can help me...
>
> My second problem is, I don't knwo how to set down the mouse
> sensivity - like in the SVGAlib example 'spin'...

Can't help here.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@cupid.suninternet.com>

Trust the computer industry to shorten "Year 2000" to Y2K.
It was this kind of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.