svga configuration

Search this archive.

From: Johannes Zellner (johannes@zellner.org)
Date: Mon 24 Jan 2000 - 21:43:17 IST

Hello,

I've a problem with my svga configuration.

I'm running a laptop with an ATI Rage Pro chipset an get a resolution
of 1024x768 on X11, runs w/o problems in different visual types.
(8bit - all visuals, 16bit TrueColor, 24bit TrueColor)

But in SVGA I only get 640x480, and I didn't figure out how
to get a higher resolution. I tryed to increase HorizSync and
VertRefresh in libvga.conf (although I'm not quite shure what
these do).  Then some test programs won't complain, if I force
1024x768, but the screen stays simply black (or jitters somehow).
I also tried to compile in the VESA fb stuff, but that also
didn't solve my promblem.

Maybe it's setting apropriate modelines in libvga.conf ?
But I didn't find any docs *howto* set these.

maybe someone can help me out ?
btw.: I'm not subscribed to the list, is there a way to subscribe ?

--
   Johannes