Re: 24/32 bit mode

Search this archive.

From: Andy K. Jalics (ab212@acorn.net)
Date: Thu 18 Nov 1999 - 00:14:44 IST

> is there any way how to enter the true color mode
> under linux ? i can't enter neither 24 bpp nor 32 bpp mode.
> i can't get it there. i tried the simple svgalib as well as the
> x windows. nothing. yeah and hi-color's not working
> either. my video card is (shit) s3 virge dx/gx with 4 megs
Interesting. I have a S3/Virge DX w/ 4mb RAM and it works nicely for me.
I can get high resolutions (1152x864, my desktop's resolution) at at
least 16bpp.
I'm pretty sure I've gotten true color too.
What distribution are you running?
What version of svgalib?
XFree? MetroX? AcceleratedX?
---
Andy Jalics (ab212@acorn.net)
Linux: Have it YOUR way.
The Source is with you young programmer, but you are not a hacker yet.