Re: fonts

Search this archive.

From: ivan (ivan@svgalib.org)
Date: Mon 15 Nov 1999 - 02:19:26 IST

At 22:26 14/11/99 +0200, Matan Ziv-Av wrote:
>On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, ivan wrote:
>
>> At 11:03 14/11/99 +0200, Matan Ziv-Av wrote:
>> >* A graphical browser: no more than lynx with tables, frames and
>> >  imagemaps.
>> >* Wysiwyg word processor, but including right to left support, which
>> >  will probably not interest most of the readers of tjis list.
>>
>> evitcartta etiuq eb dlouw siht gnitnemelpmi fo egnellahc eht enigami
dluohs i

>Actually, you don't understand the problem. If all I wanted was to have
>everything rtl, it was easy, but In hebrew, the text is rtl, but the
>numbers (and words in latin alphabet inserted) are left to right, which
>makes for a really big mess.

i was only teasing matan - i assumed the problem was more difficult than
just writing rtl.

thanks for the explanation though - you're right it does make a mess !

like you, i don't have any code at the moment and my plans consist of "i
must do this one day ..." :)

after this little discussion, you can assume that i am working on a word
processor - this is a project that i have wanted to do for some time so
having established that nothing exists already i'll get on with it.

thanks
ivan.