Re: fonts

Search this archive.

From: ivan (ivan@svgalib.org)
Date: Sun 14 Nov 1999 - 11:55:21 IST

At 11:03 14/11/99 +0200, Matan Ziv-Av wrote:

>> i've been contemplating an svgalib based wysiwyg word processor (which is
>> why i've been trying to find time for freetype !) - is anyone working on
>> something along these lines at the moment or is there an orphaned project
>> somewhere that i might be able to take over ???
>
>I have two big projects I am contemplating:
>* A graphical browser: no more than lynx with tables, frames and
>  imagemaps.
>* Wysiwyg word processor, but including right to left support, which
>  will probably not interest most of the readers of tjis list.

evitcartta etiuq eb dlouw siht gnitnemelpmi fo egnellahc eht enigami dluohs i

<g>

provided it was a switchable on/off feature - i'd be interested in working
with you on this project.

the browser project is appealing also - my network coding knowledge isn't
real good but this would be a good opportunity to fix that problem :)

i'd expect lynx would be a good base to build from ?

another project that i had considered is a decent news reader that includes
in-line image display or will launch an external viewer (zgv?) - i was
thinking of adapting slrn. the end result i'd hope would be a newsreader
similar in features and appearance to newsxpress.

have you started work on either of your projects ?

ivan.