Re: ATI Rage 128

Search this archive.

From: Andrew Gormanly (a.gormanly@ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Thu 07 Oct 1999 - 13:08:00 IST

Matan Ziv-Av wrote:
> There is a SuSE X server for rage128, and it will be folded into XFree86

 Good on SuSE.

> I suggest buying supported cards (V3 and TNT are supported by both X, 3d
> accel and svgalib).

 Quite. And when building a machine, that is what we all do.
Unfortunately, some people have unsupported cards in boxes that they
bought (usually off the shelf) before they knew about linux and friendly
hardware. Others of us have to work on machines with nasty ATI cards in
them, due to certain organisations having stupid contracts with PC
manufacturers who, in turn, have (or _had_) a deal with said unhelpful
chipset supplier.

 We have to be able to cope with these evils :-)