URGENT - screen stuck in graphics mode

Search this archive.

From: ivan@vianet.net.au
Date: Sun 18 Apr 1999 - 19:37:24 IDT

I am writing on behalf of another person not subscribed to this
list.

Apparently he was playing with svgalib and finished with a corrupt
terminal display - except for X.

As I run a Plain Jane 80x24 console, can anyone see any problems
with me running the savetextmode programme on my machine and
mailing the file to Rob who can use this and the restoretextmode
utility ?

Assistance ASAP in this case would be appreciated as he has a great
uptime record and therefore doesn't want to reboot just to fix
a cranky display :)

TIA
Ivan.