Banshee report

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (zivav@CS.bgu.ac.il)
Date: Sat 06 Mar 1999 - 12:29:58 IST

First, My banshee (creative oem with sdram) does work with the vesa
driver, but only in 8bits and 16bits colour modes. 24bits mode are
available, but give corrupted results.

A banshee driver - the specs released by 3dfx are not enough to write a
driver. A chapter is missing - vga extensions. The  chapter is reffered to
in the rest of the document, but is not there. I don't know if it is on
purpose or not,  but the specs as given are useless for writing a driver.
Fortunately, Darryl Strauss said he will release the source to the X
server in a few weeks, and the missing information is in that source so I
will be able to write a driver.
In the latest release there is a banshee.c file that should work, once the
initializemode function is fixed.

--
Matan Ziv-Av          zivav@cs.bgu.ac.il

Vote MAKI - the Israeli Communist party