Re: S3 support in svgalib

Search this archive.

From: Jan Hubicka (hubicka@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz)
Date: Tue 22 Dec 1998 - 16:45:52 IST

> > From what you describe, if the image itself is ok, 'just' very dark. I
> > assume your S3 has an 8bit per R/G/B RAMDAC and either the S3 chipset or
> > the svgalib driver does not know about and does not make the necessary
> > modifications to transfer 6bit color values to 8bit. As a result, every
> > color is too dark by a factor a little bit larger than 4.
Hi
for even more confusion I've just bought new S3 virge card (dx rev.1)
and I am having other problem. In all SVGA modes first approx. 320 columns
are OK, but the rest contains just dozen copies of first 320 columns with some
new extra garbage.
Did someone notice similar problem. Anyone knows the solution?
X works find, SVGAtextmode seems to have similar problem but after approx 80 characters..

Honza