Re: V1000/V2x00 support?

Search this archive.

From: Conan Ford (cford@cnnet.com)
Date: Thu 22 Oct 1998 - 03:57:15 IST

Okay, I also have some more info.

On my Diamond S220 (Verite v2100), if I set VesaText mode in
libvga.config before trying to use an SVGALIB application, it locks up
immediately, before even loading (quakeworld).  If I don't set VesaText,
it locks up when I switch to a VESA mode after the program has started.

More info about the Diamond Stealth II S220.  Occasionally, when I start
into Windows, the Diamond driver doesn't properly load.  The screen goes
to 16 color mode, 640x480, and is real slow.  When I reboot, and the
driver does load, it is okay.  So maybe the driver has to send the card
some special command to get it to start.