Re: IntelliMouse...

Search this archive.

From: Tony Nugent (Tony.Nugent@usq.edu.au)
Date: Sun 13 Dec 1998 - 11:17:28 IST

On Sat Dec 12 1998 at 09:46, John Anderson wrote:

> I am a RH 5.1 user and I cannot get my IntelliMouse to work in quake or
> anything else under  svgalib.  I went to the RH 5.2 downloads section on
>
> ftp.redhat.com, and snagged svgalib-1.3.0-2.i386.rpm (because the
> version that comes with RH 5.1 doesn't support the IntelliMouse) and rpm
>
> -Uhv'ed it, then I edited /etc/vga/libvga.config.  I changed the mouse
> variable to look like 'mouse IntelliMouse' like the comments above said
> to do (and my mouse is serial).  I then started quake, and the mouse
> doesn't work at all..  I am using the glibc2 version of quakeworld, so I
>
> don't think  that is the problem since the svgalib rpm would be glibc2
> (wouldn't it?).  I am totally dumbfounded.
>
> If you could help me it would be awesome,

Check it out:

	Colas Nahaboo X mouse wheel scroll page:

	http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

In a nutshell, get svga (via /etc/vga/libvga.config) to use a
MouseSystems mouse type (yep, that's right) on /dev/gpmdata as the
mouse device, and have gpm run in "repeater" mode (ie, use "-R" when
it starts up).

On a RH box, add this to /etc/sysconfig/mouse - you can also get X to
use it like that two.

I have it working here like that for things like Quake...

Cheers
Tony