Re: More than 320x200 with Matrox Mystique

Search this archive.

From: Michael Hunold (M.Hunold@t-online.de)
Date: Wed 02 Sep 1998 - 13:23:18 IDT

Hi Matan,

> > has anyone ever managed to run the
> > Matrox Mystique with a resolution higher
> > than 320x200 with the generic Vesa-Driver?

> What exactly does "doesn't work" mean ?

Sorry for not being very precise in my first mail.
I wasn't at home and I just wondered if anyone
has ever been successful.

Ok, here is the complete report:
I compiled  'svgalib-1.3.1' with the standard-values
in 'Makefile.cfg'.
After that I uncommented the line 'chipset VESA' in
/etc/vga/libvga.conf to force the use of the VESA-driver.

Now, when I start the demo-application 'wrapdemo' I get the
following error-message, but the programm goes on.

>Int 0x10 is not in rom (0207:0819)
>Int 0x10 is not in rom (0207:0819)
>Can't get mode info (vm86 failure)

Then when I select Mode 5 for example, the
program stops with the message:

>Mode not available

Any ideas ?

Cu,