Re: ViRGE/VX oddness (yes, I know...)

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@arava.co.il)
Date: Sat 29 Aug 1998 - 16:20:11 IDT

On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, David Monro wrote:

> However, all the interesting modes (ie 640x480 an above) are either very dim
> (for 8bit modes) or with badly messed up colours (for 16 and 24 bit modes). I
> know these cards aren't fully supported yet, which is fine, but I understood
> that the 640x480x256 mode should work.

This might be a DAC detection problem.
Please try to force the use of the right DAC.

> Beyond that, is anybody working on the VX support? It's been about 5 years
> since I hacked on svgalib, but I'm willing to give it another go :-) I don't
> have any documentation other the the XFree86 source though.

As far as svgalib is concerned, I don't think Virge is much different
fro Trio anyway, so there is not much need to change, but if you ask
this question on the mailing list, you may get a real answer.

Matan Ziv-Av.        zivav@cs.bgu.ac.il