ViRGE/VX oddness (yes, I know...)

Search this archive.

From: David Monro (davidm@fuzzbox.ml.org)
Date: Sat 29 Aug 1998 - 06:14:56 IDT

This is probably a FAQ, but I can't find it (or an archive of this mailing list
if it comes to that).

I have a ViRGE/VX based card, which gets detected as a Trio, which is fine.
However, all the interesting modes (ie 640x480 an above) are either very dim
(for 8bit modes) or with badly messed up colours (for 16 and 24 bit modes). I
know these cards aren't fully supported yet, which is fine, but I understood
that the 640x480x256 mode should work.

Beyond that, is anybody working on the VX support? It's been about 5 years
since I hacked on svgalib, but I'm willing to give it another go :-) I don't
have any documentation other the the XFree86 source though.

	David